Expat Car Leasing in USA
New cars - any make and model
International professionals can get a car without a U.S. credit history or driver's license*
As an expatriate you can arrange for your car before or after you move to the U.S. With our program there are no restrictions on when to start the process. ExpatRide provides leasing for new cars to individuals without a U.S. credit history.
Our program will save you time, hassle and money
The "Personal Car Shopper Service" gives you the benefit of a skilled and knowledgeable contact person who understands the auto market in the U.S.
We finance all makes and models nationwide
We offer the following car brands and any other car brand available in the U.S.: Acura, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Fisker, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Lotus, Maserati, Maybach, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mercury, MG, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Panoz, Pontiac, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, SAAB, Scion, Smart, Subaru, Suzuki, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Benefits of the ExpatRide Program:• Time-saving auto service (from finding, funding and selling)
• Nationwide expat program
• We can source any make and model
• Personal Car Shopper Service (free service) - saves time and hassle with visiting dealers
• Flexibility to match assignment & any unforeseen situations by using Open-End Lease Agreements
• At the end of term, any profit built up in the vehicle is returned to the customer (average $3,000 - For Open-End Lease only)
• Closed-End Leasing is available
• Competitive interest rate
• Build U.S. credit score
• Assistance throughout the term in regards to registration, renewals, etc.
• No mileage restrictions or wear & tear penalty (Open-End Lease only)
• No penalty for breaking the lease early (Open-End Lease only)
• Access to nationwide maintenance program
• Return vehicle at any of 7,000 locations
• Several options at end of lease: Renew, change to purchase, pay off, return or exchange
• Assistance with competitive auto insurance
• Start process before or after arrival to the U.S.
Contact us for more information and a non-binding quote
7,000 locations in the U.S.
We lease cars in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Many customers find it to be a large task to navigate the many options the American car market offers. Your advantage is having your Personal Car Specialist work with you to maximize your options and to find the best fit for you. We work with different criteria to find the best match – your needs, wants or budget.
You’ll receive a non-binding quote in your inbox that will be clearly explained to help you make an educated decision. This saves you from spending hours at a dealership that many times turns out to be unsuccessful and wasted time.
ExpatRide offers you access to flexible lease programs, competitive auto insurance program and the opportunity to start building your U.S. credit score.
With a closed end lease you are locked into a full term agreement with hefty penalties for breaking the lease, any wear & tear and excessive mileage. Also, should the leasing company make a profit on your vehicle when they resell it after you return it, the leasing company will not share that profit with you.
Below is an overview of the differences:
Closed end lease restrictions:
- Lack of Flexibility
- Mileage restrictions
- Wear and tear penalties
- Hefty penalties for breaking the lease early
- No set amount for buying the car at the end (on most leases, not all)
- Lease extension not possible
- Use like a finance or lease
- Flexibility to extend or end early
- No mileage restrictions
- No wear and tear charges
- No penalty for breaking the lease early
- Set amount for what you can purchase the vehicle for at the end of term
- Easily extend lease
- Get new car, trade in old one
- Extend the lease agreement
- Change the agreement to a purchase agreement
- Pay it off and take ownership
- Return the car (If open end lease our partner will sell the car for you and you get the proceeds above the residual value back)
- Completed finance application form
- Copy of passport with photo and visa document
- Copy of valid driver's license - from your home country or local
- Letter of employment stating salary, length of assignment and allowances
2. The Closed End Lease: Function the way many customers perceive all leases to function: You are restricted to a specific mileage and are charged a fee for every mile over the contracted limit. You are also responsible for any abnormal wear and tear, such as broken, dented, or damaged items. Also, you are responsible for a cancellation fee if you have to break the lease early. This option is not ideal for expats. * Important question to ask before deciding for a “Closed End Lease” is “How much will it cost me to break the lease at any time during the lease term?”.
- You will need to have a U.S. bank account established to set up the monthly automatic payments before you take possession of the car.
- Some states will require you to have a driver’s license from the state where you reside. You will need to obtain your Social Security Number first.
- The time it takes to register a vehicle in the different states in the U.S. vary from 2-3 days up to 4-5 weeks.
If the above all fall in the most favorable position, you should be able to take possession of the vehicle right after arrival.